- Archdiocese of Louisville
- Becoming a Member
- Financial Reports
- ERE Registration
- Letter from the Pastor
- Lifelong Education
- Map to St. Martha
- Parish Council
- Sacramental Life
- St. Martha Boosters
- St. Martha School
- Staff Contacts
- Volunteer Requirements
- Youth Ministry
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and the Catechumenate for Children
The RCIA is designed for adults who, after hearing the mystery of Christ proclaimed, consciously and freely seek the living God and enter the way of faith and conversion as the Holy Spirit open their hearts. By God's help they will be strengthened spiritually during their preparation and at the proper time will receive the sacraments fruitfully. (#1 The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
The RCIA is for adults and children age 7 and older, who are seeking membership in the Catholic Church for the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
The journey is based on individual readiness and the movement of each candidate from one period of the Catechumenate to the next.
The children's program is centered on family catechesis and asks the participation of parent/guardian.
Each candidate is asked to have a sponsor of his/her choice or from the parish community to walk the faith journey with them.
RCIA sessions that center on prayer, formation in the Catholic church, and spiritual journey are held on Sunday mornings. See bulletin for specific times and details.
Annette Bergamini - St. Martha RCIA Director
491-8535 ext. 28
Outline for Christian Initiation of Adults and Children
- Period of Evangelization and Precatechumenate - Time of inquiry and introduction to Gospel values and sharing our faith stories.
- Rite of Acceptance and Welcoming - Liturgical Rite, celebrated in the Sunday assembly
- Rite of Election and Continuing Conversion - Liturgical Rite celebrated on the First Sunday of Lent- the church formally ratifies the catechumens' readiness for the sacraments of initiation and, now the elect, express the will to receive these sacraments.
- Celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation - Usually celebrated at the Easter Vigil, by which the elect are initiated through baptism, confirmation, and the eucharist.