- Archdiocese of Louisville
- Becoming a Member
- Financial Reports
- ERE Registration
- Letter from the Pastor
- Lifelong Education
- Map to St. Martha
- Parish Council
- Sacramental Life
- St. Martha Boosters
- St. Martha School
- Staff Contacts
- Volunteer Requirements
- Youth Ministry
SACRAMENT DATES FOR 2016-2017
All Sacrament Preparation is Parish Based and planned through the Religious Education Office. The school Religion teacher leads classroom Catechesis and Religious Education Classes (ERE) are led by the Religious Education Catechists. Homeschooled children instruction is approved through the Pastor and PCL. Special Needs preparation is available through the Religious Education Office.
All Candidates participate in the scheduled preparation meetings and planned activities.
Confirmation Date: 8th Grade
Friday, February 24, 2017
7:00pm at the Cathedral of the Assumption- Archbishop Kurtz
- Parent Meeting- Sept. 8- 7:00 PM
- Works of Mercy Meeting- Leaders and Candidates- Sept. 26- 7:00 PM
- Interviews during Jan.
- Works of Mercy Journals due Feb.
- Retreat: Fri., Feb. 10
- Practice at Cathedral: Fri., Feb. 17
First Holy Communion Date: 2nd grade
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Mass time 11:00 AM
First Communion Preparation Sessions:
- Parent/Child Meeting: Thursday, Jan. 5th- 7:00 PM- Church
- Enrollment: Sunday, Jan. 8th- 11:00 AM Mass
- Pretend Mass Planning Meeting: Parent Volunteers- Wed., Feb. 22nd 7:00 PM Parish Office
- First Communion Workshop: Parent/ Child: Saturday, Mar. 11th- 9:00-12:00 Church/School
First Reconciliation Date: 1st grade
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 7:00 PM
First Reconciliation Preparation Sessions:
- Parent Meeting/ and Workshop with child: Wed., Feb. 8
- Preparation for Sacrament is in the school and ERE program.
"The Church received from the Apostles the tradition of giving Baptism even to infants."
-Origen's Commentaries on Romans, written just after 244AD.
- Arrangements for Infant Baptism are made through the Parish Religious Education Office: Contact Annette Bergamini: 491-8535 ext 28 email@example.com
- Applications and Baptismal packets may be obtained in the Parish Office or downloaded from the webpage.
- A Catholic Parent (or legal guardian) is the adult who may request Baptism for a child.
- An actively practicing Catholic Parent must be registered at St. Martha Parish for a period of 3 months before the scheduled Baptism.
- Exceptions to this are with permission of the Pastor.
- Applications must be completed and returned to the office one week before Baptism Preparation Class.
- Preparation classes are held in the Parish Office at 7pm on Thursday before the Scheduled Baptism.
- Group Celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism with a Deacon is at 12:15pm on the third Sunday of every other month.
- Private Baptisms on another date are at the discretion of the Pastor.
- Parents wishing to schedule Baptisms at a Sunday mass with Father Hamilton. Contact PCL.
- Children older than seven and adults who are seeking Baptism and Sacrament preparation or who are interested in joining the Catholic Church, please go to RCIA Process.
Instruction Night 2017
7:00 PM in Parish Office
Baptisms with a Deacon 2017
12:15 in Church
January 12, 2017
January 15, 2017
March 16, 2017
March 19, 2017
May 18, 2017
May 21, 2017
July 13, 2017
July 16, 2017
Sept. 14, 2017
Sept. 17, 2017
Nov. 16, 2017
Nov. 19, 2017
*Parents are encouraged to schedule Baptisms at a Sunday mass with Father Hamilton. Contact PCL.